Thursday, June 2, 2016

Caught in the Rain

The kids and I went on a bike ride this afternoon and got caught in the rain. My sweet friend helped me quickly throw my baby into the bike trailer instead of the bike seat, I threw Chunky in with them and then put the rain cover over. Tristan was a little upset to be biking home in the pouring rain, but he quickly forgot his problems when we started laughing at puddles and how silly everything was.

All the way home I just thought about Emma.  She loved going on bike rides.  She was the first kid, maybe Tucker was, that I put in a bike trailer and hauled around. I would bike her to my friend John's house and take her and Tucker swimming. I would go to the duck pond.  We would just go on little rides.  In her tribute video there are photos of her whole family stuck in a rain storm.  Of course, it was The Woodlands, so the rain was probably nice and warm and our rain was cold.

She is on my mind all day.  I think about her a lot.  I always think about her.  I think about everything that comes with losing someone you love.  How you miss them, how everyone else misses them, how there is nothing you can do.
Love Anna

No comments: