Most of the time when I tell people that I'm going to Iowa to visit family they respond, "Where, Ohio?" And then I have to repeat myself, "No, I-owe-wah! You know, corn." I suppose that's understandable that people forget about Iowa, I've heard it is one of the states that is actually losing people-more people are leaving than moving in. Who knows, but still I like the mystery about Iowa. Not many people go there. I suppose it only gets attention when giant tornadoes come through or it's during the elections, but to me it is a very dear and one of my favorite states. So this last June I went there for the Scott's family reunion (my mom's family) and had the time of my life. I have missed my cousins and other relatives and it was good to see them again. I was sad though because Jeff wasn't able to come, he had to work and hold down the fort, and someone had to take me to the airport at 5am.
The party started in Boone, Iowa at a little bar called the Moose Lodge. The family stuffed themselves on food and we all enjoyed a little karaoke. I had no idea my cousins were SO talented!!!

My cousin Tracy spent a lot of time with Aunt MB helping to set up all the tables and all the decorations, and they were beautiful.

Maddy and Hunter were a great duet, they spent the night singin a lot of Green Day, which is a huge crowd pleaser. The next morning I went with the Haw's to the Des Moines art festival. There was a lot of talent there and we enjoyed walking around.. especially when we walked into the display with my cousin Maddy's name!! She won a very prestigious award for the photo she took and retouched.

It was crazy to see her name on the big poster, but we were all so proud of her. I think the sweetest thing was how modest she was and how she kept bragging about how good her friends photos were and how they could have won just as easy. She really did deserve it, she's so talented and hers was the best display.

Iowa has some really talented artists, with quite a few in my family.
Afterwards we enjoyed a day at my Grandma's house with some more cousins, and Aunts and Uncles I haven't gotten to see in a while.

Once again, everything was so stinking pretty and cute. They had a nice tent set up in case it was sunny or it rained. Either way we'd be prepared for whatever happened! Including a family invasion. The tent was a nice touch, it reminded me of that comic, "The Family Circus" cause sometimes our family can be, well, our family!

I think my favorite was when the tiki torches were lit, everything seemed so romantic and almost like a scene out of a poetic movie.

Later that night some of us went to the bowling alley to enjoy some good ol' bowling-and look! Trevvor is smiling!
My family stayed at my Uncle Joel Jon's house, him and Sue have twin girls who are 5, they got along famously with Tonia's girls, and Katie's little one. Well, when I got done hanging out with my Grandma and got to their house, I ended up sleeping in the same room as them. I can't even tell you how hysterical those little girls were to watch them sleep.

Eliora was talking in her sleep, one of them kept rolling into the wall which would rouse her slightly from her sleep, only to fall back asleep and do it again, they were all rolling around bumping each other and none of them woke up the next morning remotely close to where they had started. I stayed up for an hour watching them sleep-it was that good.
Sunday brought to close our fun weekend, so there were a lot of photos taken.

Lots of cousins and aunts and uncles enjoying a goodbye...

Little girls getting to know their grandmothers, and grandmother's hugging the newest family members. It was too short a weekend and there is so much more to write about, but I'll just have to add the last few highlights of the trip.

Sunday morning as we were bathing the girls, we threw the little baby in with them for a quick wash. And because we were in such a hurry she pooped in the tub. So, we had to start all over. This is the second bathing attempt.

And this is the guilty one, trained by none other than her father.
.JPG)
After 8 months without any bangs, I caved in and had Jody cut mine like hers cause they were too stinking cute.
.JPG)
This is the napkin Marybeth had to drown in my Pepsi. It floated across the table from a gust of wind, brushed the candle and caught on fire.
.JPG)
Sadie and Sierra learned how to share after Sierra stole a bagel and Sadie just let her have what was left (ya gotta start somewhere).
.JPG)
And Hunter learned what happened when you called David the wrong name.
7 comments:
I can't believe you post kiddie-porn on here!!! ANNA! It looks like it was fun though, I can't believe how big all the little girls are getting.
holy crap, I can't figure out how to work this, so my last comment showed up as anonymous. hahahahahahaha!
You know, Enos always gave you tons of crap for walking around the the camera attached to your hand, but I'm really glad you do. Your sister-in-law doesn't post enough pictures of those cute girls!
P.S. Oddly enough, Iowa is one of about ten states that I've been to!
It's true what you said about Iowa. I always forget about that state:) Looks like you had a very fun weekend at your family reunion. Families are the best!!!
Gotta love getting together with family. I'm glad you had a good time.
Looks like you had a lot of fun, wish I could have gone. Oh yeah, thought I'd let you know that we stole your vacuum cleaner.
Hey anna- cute! I can't wait till all my sibs start having kids so I can have cute pics to share! :) I think you have the most entertaining blog to read.... :)
Post a Comment