Let's be honest. I am not highly responsible when it comes to cell phones. I've gotten better in the last couple years since I've been married, but before that, it wasn't pretty. I've had the same phone number/cell service for just over nine years now. I couldn't even tell you how many phones I've gone through, but here is a guess:
The cell phone I borrowed from my Dad got stolen at Youth Conference-the kid lost it, but thanks to my ninja skills after I saw him playing with it and tackled him into the dirt, I at least got my friends phone back.
My first cell phone was a CHAMP. It made it from age seventeen, to my first semester at Y-Daho. Until it fell out of the car and spent two weeks in the snow. It survived, unscathed, and lived to see me again.
My next phone met an untimely death falling off of a bumper....
And from here, it gets sketchy. In one two year span I went through twenty six phones. That's right. Twenty six. Two of them got stolen (WHAT IS WITH YOU THIEVES) and were used to make multiple phone calls to Mexico. One fell off a bumper and the screen died, but was still functioning enough to be returned by some random teenager via my friend Heather. Several of them were returns because I wasn't going to have a brand new phone that "buzzed" every time it turned on. ... but, the majority met untimely deaths.
The last two years I've had the same phone. Roughly. Until last Sunday night as I was running through a downpour into my parents house it fell out of the bag it was in and spent five hours in a giant, raining puddle. After a day in some rice and three days of drying out, it ACTUALLY WORKED. I was stoked, because I was using my Dad's mint condition dinosaur phone that has a battery life of ten minutes at a time. I can use his old phones, because he is what we call, "Responsible." This is where it gets sad. I was so happy my phone worked. I really, really love that phone. However, the only thing wrong was after a couple days the "End/Power" button didn't work. I can live with that, I thought. Until Tiffany lost her phone, had to use her kids phone, then found her phone and needed to reactivate it online. Since it's a Palm, it doesn't allow the battery to come out unless you have a PhD in electronics. I was trying to explain to her that we needed the EISN number, so to show her I popped my phone battery out, showed her the numbers, then popped it in. WE fiddled with hers, got the battery out and set it up. Then I went to turn my phone on. But I couldn't. The "power" button didn't work.
So, I am back to the old dinosaur. Which is why if you call we can only talk for five minutes at a time.
2 comments:
Your poor phones. I think we should have a moment of silence for the fallen. :)
LOL! my phone's power (and a few more buttons) won't work either, but if someone else calls me it will turn on and I can talk - then I can't turn it off. So I carry Ty's phone with me if I need to call someone or need to call my own phone!
Post a Comment