Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Visitors

Our little darling has been the lucky recipient of visitors-the farthest coming clear from Virginia to see him. Jeff's parents came in last week to meet our little guy. We usually go to Virginia to see them, so it was fun that they came to Texas. What wasn't fun was that I couldn't do hardly anything. I felt bad, we spent a lot of time staring at Tristan. Not that he isn't beautiful, but it was probably not incredibly exciting for anyone else. Recovering from giving birth hasn't been my favorite. However, that couldn't be avoided so I am grateful they are very understanding and considerate, they didn't mind hanging out with the baby and I.
We had a lot of family over for Tristan's blessing. Originally we were going to bless him on the tenth of April-it might have been the only time my Dad was in from China. But thankfully, he was in town longer. Which was good-seeing as when I called the Bishop the Saturday before he was surprised, "You had the baby?" Um.... no, I hadn't, but I was confident he'd be there by at least the next Sunday. We took a short walk in the arboretum. Gosh that place is beautiful-I wish I would have thought of it in the morning and not the warm afternoon. But, it made a good excuse to stop at Cheddar's for dinner. We enjoyed eating out quite a bit when they were here. And, Grandma got him to smile. She also helped his two bumbling parents give him a sponge bath. Somehow bathing a baby is scarier when they're so tiny and yours. Gosh, I love this little guy. I just want to squeeze his cheeks all the time. I spend quite a bit kissing them at least-I hope he doesn't mind when he is in high school. Anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed their visit, and certainly miss them already.
Love Anna

2 comments:

M and W said...

It's funny but when I think of "visitors" I think of aliens or something like that. Tristan is such a CUTIE!!!

M&B...Brubaker said...

Awww I am so happy for you guys! You are the cutest little family! I love how your mother in law has Tristan in one arm and Chunky in the other :) Must be quite an adjustment for Chunky :)