Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Bucket List

Summer is here! I made a list of fun things to do back in 2009. I had big plans, but it took a while to complete everything. This was my list last time:
Go to San Antonio, enjoy the River Walk, show Jeff the Alamo and the bar where the Rough Riders metEnjoy the area, maybe pick some blueberries •Canoe Cato Lake swamps •Canoe and float down the Guadalupe river in San Marcus •Enjoy Lake Conroe •Go to the beach •Go to Blue Lagoon in Huntsvegas that Sonia always talks about •Get rad tan lines again (not a t-shirt tan like last summer-LAME!)Do a triathlon, marathon, or half marathon... or at least train for one in the fall (with Connie and Hailey!!!)Go camping along the riverVisit my GrandmasGo to Tanya's wedding (as the maid of honor!!! WOOHOO!)Go fishingTake the kids to the beachRead at least 5 booksBuy a new car... bless the old one's heart, I really hate to see it go.. we've been through so much together... but well-it's probably time... •Be part of something big-work with children, inspire them to be better •Take the Cub Sprouts somewhere cool •Go to Schlitterbahn (Jeff wants to enjoy the lazy river naked) •Go to Splash Town •Go Camping •Go to Corpus Christi •Make some money As you can see, I did most of them... most of the ones I reeeeeeally wanted to do. This summer is different. I am moving to Lubbock in the fall, so they mostly revolve around hanging out with my friends and family. So this list might look something like this:
  • Hang out as much as possible with family
  • Hang out as much as possible with friends
  • Again
  • And again
  • And again
I am not sure what else I am going to add, because as long as I am with family or friends, I don't care what we do. And, if you know me, I don't like to plan more than a day in advance because life changes too quickly. But, when I have a chance to actually sit down and breathe, I'll really come up with a list of what I want to do this summer. Although I have a feeling it'll be drastically different now that we've added a dog (oh, Mr. Wiggles...) and a baby to the mix!
Love Anna

No comments: