Jeff and I both looked at each other last night. "It's really been four years since we've been married? Geeez! Where does the time go!?" We both can hardly believe it's been four years. Seems like it was yesterday, but clearly, it wasn't.
Time is going by so fast-I can't believe it's been four years. I can't believe our baby is four months, I can't believe my dog is almost two... I just don't know where it all goes. Probably with the socks that I am missing. I have an entire bag of single socks that have no mate.
I was looking through photos of our wedding, trying to pick some to post today. As I was reliving that sweaty, hot day I thoroughly enjoyed some of the pictures. It made me think of that quote..."You never see the hard days in a photo album, but those are the ones that get you from one happy snap shot to the next."
I don't always blog about the hard times, or show off the pictures that aren't the most flattering. Life isn't always this easy, perfect show. There are rough times. But I think it's how you handle those rough times that gets you through to the good times. I believe that comes from the inside, from knowing who you are, knowing where you came from, and knowing where you are going. That's a quality that I think Jeff and I found, and although sometimes we forget, overall it's our rough days that make us stronger. It seems like these last couple months we've become closer than we ever have, since having this baby I think it's made us really see that we're a forever family. We've been more patient with each other and really made sure to try to help each other. ... Like Jeff, he likes to try and teach me how to nurse, and I patiently listen while trying not smack him on the back of the head. "Honey," he'll say, "why don't you move him lower?" And I smile and say, "Thanks honey. But I think I got this." When really I am thinking, "Are... you... serious?" Cause somehow the baby eats when Jeff isn't there to supervise....
But back to our wedding, it was one of the funnest days I've ever had. I was a princess marrying her prince, and the whole day was ours. Our friends and family were there, we had good food and entertainment, and I had previously decided I wasn't going to sweat the small things. Like our wedding cake. I'd always pictured this beautiful cake, with several tiers and flowers and whatever else goes on a cake. It showed up half an hour before the reception looking like this:
Not quite what I expected. In fact, I don't think it even had frosting on it, I think I saw it after Tiffany had to PUT the frosting on it. Thank heavens she was there. I took one look at it and I remember thinking, "Oh." But, I already decided that whatever happens, happens. So, I just said, "Well, that's OK. I'll bet it tastes good." My sister-in-laws went to work and fixed it the best they could. It might not have been the prettiest cake, but I think I ate three pieces and it's still the best tasting cake I've ever had.
And this picture always, always makes me smile. All my beautiful nieces, dressed in the most adorable dresses ever. ... wait... one, two, three, four, fiv-we're missing some.
They were being cry babies and wouldn't stay in the picture. See what I mean? These are the things you don't always see-the tears, the frustration, but its those events that help you grow. Or at least give you a good laugh. You have to learn from the tough times so you can get from one happy snap shot to the next. And that's what I love about Jeff. We are constantly laughing about life. Jeff is truly the best, greatest thing that has happened to me, and I love him with my whole heart. Jeff is the sweetest man in the whole world.I know that four years is just a drop in the bucket of time-but I love each of those drops. So, happy anniversary, baby! Here's to an eternity of great snapshots!

3 comments:
Cute post Anna! Happy Anniversary to you both!
Awwww, that was cute! I'm glad you guys got to go out. Ill watch baby Twistan anytime!
You hit the nail on the head. I've never wanted my "dirty laundry" out there in the photo album, it's just there inbetween all the snapshots. Beautifully written, the picture of the three racoons, just precious. Happy anniversary and may you have a hundred more.
Post a Comment