
Because they're fun and they're crazy, my sister in law's best friend and her family decided to surprise her for Spring Break, so they drove down from Utah to hang out this week. They came up to Lubbock for the day. We were able to watch the morning session of conference before everyone came. I was sweating a little about what I would do with 10 children in our house, but they were so well behaved it was like they almost weren't there. I say almost :) Thankfully, as I am sure
y'all saw from my sister's site I scored a million toys for a dollar at Target the other day so we had plenty to play with! And, I had left over eggs from the egg hunt the other day, so we put them to good use.

The grill was a little smoky today... which is part of the reason the kids were squinting and coughing in the first picture.

But, the burgers turned out good, anyway. The kids happily ate them. We happily ate in the house... where the
Popsicles were. Do the math. There were 24
Popsicles in the box. There were 9 kids outside, and 6 adults inside. The kids each had 1
Popsicle. When they came in for seconds, there were only 4 left. How many
Popsicles did each adult have?

For entertainment that evening we all headed out to the ABC rodeo. I've mentioned it before, but I love semi-pro rodeos... or whatever you wanna call these local ones. You really get a chance to get dirt on ya and see some crazy action. The opening was beautiful. This girl ran the flag
around the arena while this little girl sang the National Anthem.

I loved Audrey's outfit. Is that not the cutest??? I had to let the other Audrey and Tonia borrow a sparkly belt and shirt so they'd fit in. I have too much "rodeo" clothing.

The grand entry was beautiful... I am not sure how they all kept from running into each other.

Tristan spent most of the time eating. The rodeo went late and he was tired, so he ate. Eating keeps him happy. And, he kept patting the man in front of us on the shoulder all night. That also made him happy. Thankfully, he was a new grandpa and loved the attention.

I missed the saddle bronc riding-I went with the kids to do the calf scramble. While Jeff was watching this we were in a tunnel with a thousand other kids. It was getting very, very stuffy. One of the very pretty, very
blond girls, with her curls and manicured nails, was volunteering to work at the rodeo and help with the calf scramble. She crinkled her nose and said, "Ugh, I wish kids smelled better."

It was a great weekend. We love rodeos and company, it was fun to enjoy both this weekend. And, of course, conference. We managed to stay awake for almost every single bit of it this morning, too!

2 comments:
Every adult but one had two popsicles. :) Your weekend sounded like a lot of fun.
I love seeing your pictures of Texas...I'm so jealous that you live there! These pics of you guys at the rodeo remind of that rodeo we went to in Montana...good times! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment