Monday, April 30, 2012

A Little Lightening

Last night we enjoyed a nice thunderstorm.... eventually someone reported that a tornado had touched down and was cruising around Lubbock about 2 miles from our house, but as you can guess, it didn't do much damage if any.  The most damage was the softball sized hail some people saw.  Eesh.  We did fine.  Jeff had to laugh... we washed the cars yesterday morning and I said, "It's going to rain tomorrow.  It always does."  Sure 'nuf...
 We had just gone on our usual walk to the cows, and I decided to try and grab some lightening pictures.  There is a smidge of lightening up there...
 I halfway caught this bolt.  It'd have been way cooler if I cropped and edited this but eh... too much time involved in that!  I was hoping to catch lightening behind Jeff and Tristan-that would have been super neat... but this was as good as it got.
 This was more a shot of flash lightening .... but I liked how it looked.
And right there, in the top right corner, is a weensy little bolt.  I needed to get the baby in bed, the memory card was FULL and I was having to delete pictures one at a time... so I gave up and went inside.  The storm was beautiful though-we have needed rain so bad and it looks like our prayers were answered!  
Love Anna

No comments: