Monday, November 3, 2014

Pumpkin Carving

Halloween has come and gone and I have eaten all the Butterfinger's from Tristan's candy.  But every year with the kids gets more and more fun. Last year Tristan really loved carving pumpkins, but this year he REALLY loved it.  He was very into cutting and scraping and was crazy proud of his pumpkin when we lit it up on the porch.  Summer enjoyed about 10 minutes of pumpkin carving and then went to bed.  She is usually toast after 7:30-8.
Here in town there is a tradition that the high school kids steal all the pumpkins that night, and then roll them down main street so they crash into a big pile at the bottom.  I pulled in my big pretty white pumpkin and the other two little ones that I liked.  I am hoping to have them through Thanksgiving.  I have had to tell a kid or two that it would be next to my bed, where I sleep with a gun, if they wanted to come and get it.   I was a little worried what Tristan would do when the kids stole his pumpkin Halloween night-he was pretty proud of it and checked on it every day.  His pumpkin somehow made it through the night... but now that it's all sketchy looking I think he is ready to see it go.

Love Anna

No comments: