Friday, February 20, 2009

St. Valentines Day @----^-------

What a beautiful day it was indeed! I love, LOVE, love celebrating any and every holiday that rolls around so I was especially excited about this last weekend. Last year Jeff and I agreed we'd take turns planning the surprise for Valentines day. Last year=Jeff, this year=me. I totally never blogged about last years, but it was a blast. Jeff took me snow shoeing out to Big Springs in Island Park (its where he proposed at). It was a very sweet, romantic 7 mile hike in the -7 degree weather. ... No, really, it was. The moon was so bright, the stars were out and there were even fish kickin it in the stream below...I think they were frozen (as was my hair and our juice, look at the glass below) but hey, they were still there. And he had a full picnic dinner for us. Complete with candles. It was beautiful. So this year I had some expectations to live up to. He'd already gotten me some pretty sweet Valentine goodies (chocolate, jewelry, bears..), so I knew he wasn't going to forget what day it was. Jeff loves to be surprised. I had been planning all sorts of secrets for him, only to have them rained out the day of. BUMMER! So I reverted to plan B... which was to panick last minute because of the rain and running out of time. I had arranged a stay at a super cute B&B so I wasn't too worried, but dinner was going to be interesting. I called several places and had our names put on the 2-3 hour waiting list.. but that was almost going to blow the entire night. Luckily, this spectacular place in town that we frequent 6 nights a week called and had an opening for two. They had a special Valentine dinner for the night, amazing Italian, candles, rose petals and toasts planned for all the guests. We gladly accepted the invitation and got all dolled up and headed over. We arrived to find our names on the table, and great company. It was a beautiful dinner! I had been playing the "Oh no, honey! The rain ruined EVERYTHING! I don't know what we'll do!" card all night, and poor Jeff assumed (we all know what happens when you do that..) that we might as well hunker down and watch Madagascar2 after dinner and kick it with the kiddos. I made a big push to get a second dessert-and whisked him away to the B&B,or as he thought "more dessert." He was very confused for quite some time, but he finally figured it out and had a wonderful evening. We had the entire upstairs to ourselves, a bottle of sparkling cider, and dessert waiting for our arrival. It was a fun day, we got to spend time with people we love, with each other and enjoy a beautiful weekend. Hope everyone got to have someone like >Jeff< to spend their day with! He's just the sweetest and best thing to have ever happened to me.

Of course the song for this blog is our song (When I said I do)-sung a little differently!

4 comments:

Aimee Jones said...

How romantic!! we love B&B's too- at first I was a little creeped out about sleeping in someone else's house...but I loved it! Ya'lls looked really cute :)

Matt and Haley said...

You both are so romantic!

Kelly Vowles said...

You guys are awesome, glad you had a great day. Makes life fun!

Tonia said...

I love that restaurant!