Saturday, September 11, 2010

Proud to be an American

Lately for kicks and giggles I post my opinion as my Facebook status, then I sit back and watch people roar. It would seem that because I do not support gay marriage, I oppose the mosque being built at ground zero, I am totally against most anything Obama says, I don't like illegal immigrants, and I am a republican, somehow these things make me racist, homophobic, anti-American and a bigot. Although, it is interesting to hear when people call me these things they are the ones who haven't been able to hold their own in a debate, and their first thing out of their mouth is a slew of swear words followed by one of those "insults."

I think there is a wide spread epidemic in America that got started in the 60's with the "free love-anti war" drug doing hippies. They were so caught up in hating the Vietnam war, they couldn't see the good that we did over there. They thought the whole world could love each other and live peacefully. While that is ideal, it's not going to happen. There are too many people in the world that are just straight out evil. However, there are a lot of great people out there, and they saw the light and were able to change quite a few things that were really wrong. People realized we were being racist and segregation was wrong, it was an ugly battle but I believe that problem has been more than resolved. We realized that maybe we should be kinder to each other, to teach tolerance and respect so that homosexuals wouldn't be harassed to the point of murder. Everyone has the right to live their live peacefully. Everyone, regardless of race, religion or sexual preference. I am so relieved that those issues were finally addressed and began to be resolved. I think that we were in desperate need in certain areas to be more understanding.

But then something happened. Tolerance turned into something bigger, more out of control. Tolerance now means that Christian families must overturn their basic biblical beliefs and allow same sex marriages. It means pastors and ministers who fear God more than man are losing their jobs in million dollar lawsuits because they refuse to marry two gay people. It means the millions of people's opinions in California can be over-turned by one single judge. This is crossing the line on tolerance, and somehow in the mix people are beginning to call what is wrong, right and what is right, wrong. Anyone who opposes the homosexual agenda is now a hateful homophone, solely because they still want to stand for the morals and values their religion has held for thousands of years.

I am even scared to go to the topic of racism because it is such a touchy subject. But, since we're here anyway... since when is it right that a black or Hispanic person get a scholarship just because of their race, when a white person is a similar situation as well? Are they not any more deserving? Or why is it when two black men are committing a crime and caught by a white cop, the cop is labeled a racist? Why am I being called racist because I hate Obama's policies? Isn't he half white? Since when is my belief that allowing hundreds of thousands of border jumpers into America racist? Apparently we should accept with open arms all the law breaking criminals (YES, CRIMINALS. They are criminals because they are illegally entering our country, thus breaking the law, therefore making them criminals) that jump across the border. Is it so wrong to want equality for everyone, including white people? I feel discriminated against quite often by the media and general rules. There are entire networks in professional work places devoted to bettering Mexicans and blacks, but could you imagine the hell that would break loose if someone started a "whites only" network to help young white kids progress? I do not believe that it is one race putting another race down, I think many of the problems that stem in certain ethnic cultures is a direct result of their own choices, but here we go. I am being racist again. But never mind the millions of successful people who were disowned by their families when they chose a better life, rather than to sit with filth and become one of them. I hope you don't think that I am generalizing everyone when I say that, either. I know that not everyone is in the same situation.

America has a major problem today. Our problem is not that we are too mean to other people, it is that we are too soft. We have no reason for apologizing to the rest of the world because we are privileged to enjoy more freedoms than they are denied, that we are richer, that our quality of life is fabulous. It is something our forefathers fought for and earned and that we deserve. We need to stop being so politically correct and call things as they are. There are no more gray areas to me, I believe the time has come to stop sitting on the fence and to start seeing black and white. America needs to stop trying to accept terrorists and make excuses that we need to be nice and open our minds, we need to keep our heads out of the sand and stop trying to please the whole world.

So go ahead, call me a racist, terrorist hating bigot. I don't care, because I know the difference in right or wrong and I am not going to apologize for believing it or saying it.

Remember the 9/11 victims, quit supporting groups that want to tear your beliefs down, buy a gun and be proud that you're American. It is the greatest country in the world.
Love Anna

6 comments:

Clare said...

Way to go Anna! I generally don't involve myself in political debates - I generally just sit back and laugh - because I get so disgusted. Plus, I'm not a very good arguer. Watching the news makes me sick. I love Glenn Beck, but the fact that people are morons and can't get a clue makes me want to throw up again. But I appreciate a good post like this.

M and W said...

I love reading your facebook status and the post that follow it! Love your last statement, "buy yourself a damn gun."

M and W said...

Well it's not racist to love your country. But it is racist to call someone a "border jumper"

Are you saying that all other ethnic cultures are filthy and that you applaud those that are able to break free from a diseased non white way of living?
(refer to 4th paragraph next to last sentence)

Wow! you're something. Our forefathers did fight and earn freedoms but those freedoms aren't free for us we must fight to keep them and work to deserve them.

It seems to me that the problem with our country is that it's filled wih people who do nothing, but feel entitled to everything.

sincerly,
your border jumping brother in law

M and W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M and W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris and Jen Wright said...

This is interesting, I recently gave a talk in church on something similar in nature, as far as the black and white/fence sitting goes.. I referred to a song in the LDS hymn book we often sing, Who is on the Lord's side Who? Now really is the time to decide.. and those gray areas are only going to get more fuzzy. Moving back toward a more black and white opinion will definitely help as the issues only grow more and more complex.