Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tonsils

My poor niece had her tonsils taken out earlier this month. Or, according to the then four, now five year old, they actually removed her lungs. Both of them. What good are those things, anyway? Especially if you can have them taken out and never even miss them? The tonsils, not the lungs. Anyway, she was a real trooper for the whole thing. Very brave, super sweet... and got to spend a lot of time talking really funny. She entertained the nurses and made the doctors laugh, and everyone thought she was such a cutie. In fact, she was such a hit at the hospital that when they ran out of her favorite green Popsicles, one of the nurses actually drove to the nearest grocery store to get a new box for her. Just so she could have her favorite green color. Thanks to all the good care she got, she's much better now and is back on the road to sounding like her normal squirrelly self.
I won't lie. Sometimes I miss the more whisper-y version of this kid, but we're glad she's back to normal.
Never had my tonsils out-have you?

2 comments:

M and W said...

Lol, she's one spoiled little kid!! ;) But that's what happens you're are cute.

Mountain Birdie said...

I think she was the only kid that night, there might have been another one. She was a good trooper.
I had mine out too. I was youger then then her.