As previously mentioned, when my brother came to help unload our moving truck he took one of our vehicles back to Midland. Jeff and I drove down Sunday to pick it up. We were going to go last week-but Ben said he was smoking a brisket this week. Jeff wasn't going to miss out. Shoot... I wasn't going to miss out. He smokes a good brisket. So we came this week. And I went car less for a week. I thought I was going to die-but somehow I survived. That's the longest I have ever been without a car since I have had my license. I didn't have Internet either. Talk about pure torture.
The kids were all so cute. Hannah doesn't like her picture to be taken, so I hid behind the table and at least got one photo of her being adorable. She kept kissing Twistan.
Tonia and Ben just moved into one of only 8 houses in Midland that has a basement. Pretty cool. I decided to be a nice sister in law, and not take pictures of the house that isn't unpacked yet. They've only been there a week. Actually, for only being there a week I'm impressed with how much is already done. And how clean it was. I've been in Lubbock two weeks and there is a room that we don't talk about ....
This is the neighbor's sign. One of the neighbors that brought over cookies and dinner. In fact, in the short time we were at their house they had about 6 people stop by and welcome them to the neighborhood. Again, people here love where they live. It's part of being a Texan. Have some pride. You don't see this in California for sure.
Midland is such a pretty town. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it is so pretty. They actually have trees, there isn't trash everywhere (like in Lubbock, but I'm blaming the wind), the neighbors are real neighbors, and it has the best hometown America feel. I'd totally live here. Especially with cousins!
No comments:
Post a Comment