I always know when Jeff loves something for dinner, if it was just OK, or if he hated it. If he loved it, he scarfs it down like he's never seen food before. If it is just OK, he'll eat MOST of it, and leave a bite or two. If he hated it, he openly chokes down a couple bites and then says he isn't hungry. But we all know that's a lie... he's almost always hungry.
Anyway, this SAHM Mom thing is fun! I have nothing to do all day but decide what to cook for dinner! So, here are few things I've tried this week. Some were better than others. They were all really easy.
The sauce was yum. I served it with rice, green and orange peppers, leftover white onions and pineapple sauteed in soy sauce. I used the canned pineapple juice to help make the rice. Jeff's favorite so far. Be careful about browning the ribs-I think they'd have been better in a slow cooker. Oh, and I left out the red pepper flakes.
These turned out super. I listened to the reviews and did them in the slow cooker, and they were super duper tender. So delicious. Jeff liked them a ton but not as much as the sweet and sour. I served them with mashed potatoes and green beans. Also, I left out the hot sauce. I'm not a spicy fan.
Pork chops were on sale, buy one package get one free. I had everything on hand, which was great... except mine didn't look anything like the photo. It looked more like stew? I liked it, the pork chops were tender and I like tomatoes. I served it over rice as suggested.
We also tried the boxed Macaroni Grill pasta mixes. Oh. My. Gosh. They were SO good. I don't have a recipe for those-just buy the boxed mixes. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment